Thursday, June 27, 2013

Dr. Jart+ Water-Max Sleeping Mask


Dr. Jart's Water-Max Sleeping Mask is a product intended to be used as the last step in your nighttime skincare routine. It claims to strengthen the skin barrier and provide continuous moisture while you sleep. I have normal-to dry skin and have had luck with other Dr. Jart products, so I was excited to give this a try.

The ingredient contributing most here is hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid carries up to 1000 times its weight in water, making it great for dehydrated skin. In using this, I think one important thing to keep in mind is that you still need to use your nighttime moisturizer. This will help a lot with moisture retention, but it isn't necessarily moisturizing by itself. Other active ingredients include cranberry and olive leaf extract which are supposed to improve elasticity and help strengthen the epidermis, keeping moisture and nutrients in and bad stuff out. 

As you can see in the pictures, this mask has a gel-cream formula. It's not sticky at all, which I think is especially important since it's intended for nighttime. When I use this, I wake up with a healthy glow and my skin plumped; however, I don't feel like I have residual product on my skin. I even use this in the daytime sometimes when I'm not wearing makeup. Because this is so light and can be used with your choice of moisturizer, I think it would work with a variety of different skin types. It works for my normal to dry skin, but I also think it would be a nice product for with oily, dehydrated skin. It also has some antibacterial properties that might lend well to problem skin.

Overall, I really like this product, but it's definitely an extra. If you're looking for something to help with dehydrated skin- it's great, but again, it doesn't replace your moisturizer. It wont add any heaviness to your nighttime routine, so don't let that discourage you. It comes in a 3.4 oz tube, which is relatively generous, but you need around three pumps for your face. 
Honestly, I would say the price tag is the only real downfall.

This product retails for $48 and can be found at sephora.com, beautybar.com, and the birchbox shop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment