Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Prestige "My Blackest Lashes" Mascara Review



I've heard rave reviews about this mascara on YouTube, particularly from EleventhGorgeous, so I knew I wanted to give it a try. Then, I tried for months to get ahold of it, but my Ulta was always sold out. Needless to say- I was very excited when I got my hands on this. This is meant to be an intensely black volumizing mascara. 


As you can see, it has a medium-to-large standard bristle brush, and it is a very black formula. While I liked the intensity of the formula, I had a lot problems with its consistency at first. I tend to like drier mascaras, because I like to build my lashes up. In the beginning, I found that the formula was just too wet and sticky to be layered. Now that it's at the end of its life (dried up and pushing 3 months), I'm finding that it's really working for me. While the product is still kind of clumpy, it's much easier to control. Even though I found it difficult to work with, it all depends on what type of look your trying to achieve. I think if you like more natural lashes and stick to one coat, this could be a really great mascara for you. I definitely found that it was more thickening than volumizing, since it is so sticky. It adds thickness to your lashes, but doesn't make it appear like you have more. I would actually recommend going through with a lash comb or clean mascara wand to get more definition if you're doing the natural thing. Similarly, if you're layering it, you might want to try layering it with a dryer mascara for the first few weeks to keep all of your lashes from sticking together and forming one mono-lash.

Here are pictures showing what the mascara looks like after one and two applications. Again, these were taken after the mascara had dried out a decent amount.  


One Application


Two Applications




As far as the final verdict goes- I do think this will work for a lot of people, but be aware that layering it is really difficult for the first several weeks. Again, even though I do find it to be a very black formula, I don't find it volumizing at all, it's very thickening. Even though this product did give me some headaches in the beginning, it's a really great bargain, so it's something I might repurchase in the future. 

You can find this mascara at Ulta and drugstore.com for around $6.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment